Our recipe today is one of the famous recipes in Saudi and Gulf cuisine, which is groats, which is one of the products of wheat or wheat grains, crushed or ground in a non-fine way.
Jareesh is one of the famous traditional foods that enjoy great popularity, and many people are keen to serve it at banquets and events. It can be prepared with meat or chicken as desired.
In this topic, we will explain the method of the wonderful Saudi groats with its proven ingredients and the steps to prepare it successfully with more than one recipe. Serve it to your family and enjoy with them the distinctive taste for lunch.
Saudi groats quantities
- 2 cups of groats
- 2 cups of water
- Chicken breast pieces or meat pieces
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- A teaspoon of black pepper
- A teaspoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- A teaspoon of spices
- medium onion
- 3 cups of yogurt
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- hot pepper (optional)
The way the groats work
- Finely chop the onion, put it in a saucepan with butter over medium heat, and stir-fry until golden.
- Wash the jareesh and drain it from the water well.
- Add the chicken/meat and jareesh pieces to the onions and stir them together for 5 minutes, then gradually add the water, stirring constantly.
- Leave the ingredients on a medium-high heat, with the pot covered, for an hour and a half, until fully cooked.
- Add yogurt, spices, lemon juice and hot pepper, and stir all ingredients until the mixture holds together.
- Jareesh boy in serving dishes, and with contentment and healing.