Biryani is considered one of the wonderful and famous meals in Saudi cuisine and the Gulf countries, and it has also spread widely to the rest of the Arab countries and is now served in many restaurants.
And it is prepared with a different number of recipes, so it can be made with meat or vegetables and others.
Today we present to you how to make chicken biryani in an easy and simple way. Serve it to your family and enjoy a special and different meal with them.
Chicken biryani ingredients
- 1 kg of chicken thighs or shish tawook pieces – cut into cubes
- 4 cups of basmati rice
- 1/2 kg of onions = sliced
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 2 cups peas – boiled or frozen (optional)
- 2 green and red hot peppers
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 cup of raisins
- 4 sheets of Laura
- 8 grains of cardamom (cardamom)
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 10 grains of each (cloves pebbles – black pepper pebbles)
- 1 teaspoon of saffron
- 1/2 teaspoon each of (mixed spices – cumin – dry coriander – black pepper)
- 4 teaspoons of salt, or to taste
How to make chicken biryani
- Wash the basmati rice well and soak it for half an hour, then drain it from the water
- Fill a pot with water up to the middle and put it on the stove, add two tablespoons of salt and half the amount of (cinnamon sticks – cardamom – black pepper – cloves)
- After the water boils, put the basmati rice and make sure that the water covers it completely (such as boiling pasta)
- Stir the rice, cover it, then leave it on a low heat for about 10 minutes after boiling, until it softens a little
- Remove the pot from the heat and put the rice in a colander to drain excess water
- Put a little oil in a pot on the stove and sauté the onion until it turns brown, while stirring it from time to time.
- Take out half of the onion from the oil and place it on a tissue so that the oil is well drained
- Leave the rest of the onion in the oil, add the chicken pieces, the rest of the cardamom, black pepper and cloves, and sauté them over the fire until the color of the chicken changes slightly.
- Add to them the minced garlic, yogurt, raisins, half a teaspoon of cumin, ground black pepper, dry coriander and spices.
- Stir them well, then cover the pot and leave it on the stove for about 10 minutes, until the chicken is tender
- Put two tablespoons of salt on the chicken, stir well, then remove from the heat
- Put half the amount of boiled rice in a saucepan, then the chicken pieces with the sauce and peas, then the rest of the rice, and put the fried onions and bell pepper on top.
- Stir a spoonful of saffron with 3 tablespoons of water and spread it on top of the biryani
- Put the pot on a quiet fire about 15 minutes until it’s ripe
- Scoop the chicken biryani in the serving plate and serve it, and enjoy a wonderful meal for lunch
And congratulations and healing