Hawawshi is one of the wonderful Egyptian dishes that is prepared with a different number of recipes and is mainly served in many restaurants.
It is often prepared with minced meat or sausage stuffing and flattened in the oven or on a frying pan, or made according to the Alexandrian recipe with dough.
Today, we present to you how to make Hawawshi with chicken. Serve it to your family and enjoy with them a special lunch with a plate of french fries.
Ingredients for making chicken hawawshi
- 1 kg of minced chicken
- 1/2 kg of onions – coarsely chopped
- 2 grated tomatoes
- 2 horns of hot pepper and turkey, minced
- 1 cup of chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons of butter at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of hawawshi spices
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Hawawshi oil
- live my country
How to make hawawshi with chicken
- Put the minced chicken in a deep bowl and add the chopped onions, tomatoes, peppers and parsley
- Put salt, pepper, hawawshi spices and butter, and like all the ingredients well until they are completely homogeneous
- Grease an oven tray with a little oil and turn on the oven at a high temperature until it heats up
- Make small holes in the baladi bread using a sharp knife, put an appropriate amount of chicken filling in each loaf and distribute it evenly
- Press the loaf until the filling is distributed, then put it on the tray, then brush each loaf with a little oil
- Put the chicken hawawshi in the oven on the lower shelf at a temperature of 220 C for about 20 to 30 minutes, until golden on both sides.
- Take the hawawshi out of the oven and serve it with a plate of french fries and enjoy a wonderful lunch
And congratulations and healing