Maqlouba is one of the famous Arab dishes that is very popular in many Arab countries, and it can be prepared in many different ways, according to the customs of each country. It is one of the delicious healthy recipes with a distinct taste and rich in elements beneficial to health.
The reason for naming it by this name is that when serving it, the pot or cooker in which it is cooked is turned over, so that the ingredients at the bottom of the pot are at the top when serving.
Maqlouba is mainly based on rice and eggplant, and it is distinguished by the possibility of innovation in its preparation by adding or deleting ingredients to the ingredients according to taste, and it can be prepared with meat or chicken, which makes it a saturated recipe rich in different tastes and flavors, and it can be served with yogurt salad with cucumber, or tahini or green salad.
We will present to you the wonderful Maqlouba method with chicken and meat, with a set of simple and easy recipes to prepare. Serve it to your guests and enjoy a special lunch with them.
Great chicken upside down ingredients
- 2 cups of long grain basmati rice
- A kilo of chicken cut into medium size
- 3 pieces of roomy eggplant
- 3 potatoes
- 3 cups of long grain basmati rice
- 2 medium onions
- 4 tablespoons of ghee or oil
- Half teaspoon cardamom
- Half a teaspoon of black pepper
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric
- Half a teaspoon of Laura leaf
- Half a spoonful of curry
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- Half a teaspoon of coriander
- Half a teaspoon of paprika
Inverted chicken way
- Cut the onions into small pieces and put them in a deep saucepan with 2 tablespoons of oil or ghee until golden, then add the chicken pieces and stir well until the color of the chicken changes.
- Add all the spices to the chicken, pour boiling water over it, and leave it on low heat until the chicken is tender.
- Peel the eggplant, cut it into medium-thick slices, sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and leave for 20-30 minutes.
- Fry the eggplant slices in a frying pan with oil over medium heat until golden, then remove them on paper or kitchen paper to drain excess oil.
- Wash the rice well and soak it in water for 10 minutes, then drain it well.
- Cut the potatoes into thick rings.
- Put the chicken pieces in a separate dish and strain the broth.
- Sauté the second onion, after cutting it into small pieces, in the pot with 2 tablespoons of oil or ghee until golden, then arrange the chicken pieces on top of it, then a layer of potato slices, then a layer of eggplant slices on top of it, and finally a layer of drained rice.
- Put 4 cups of hot filtered broth over the ingredients and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat for 30 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- Turn the pot over onto a large tray or serving tray, and it can be decorated with nuts and raisins.
- Serve it and enjoy the most delicious chicken maqlouba with vegetables for lunch with your guests