Shami bread is one of the popular pastries, which has a beautiful taste, and can be eaten with many different foods in meals. In addition to its benefits in promoting digestive and heart health.
In this topic, we will present the method of making Levantine bread at home with a wonderful taste, as it is found in bakeries, in order to ensure its quality, cleanliness and nutritional value.
The amounts of Shami living work
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour (500 grams).
- 1 tablespoon of instant yeast (7 grams).
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (20 grams).
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of oil (40 grams).
- A cup of warm milk (200 grams).
- ½ cup warm water for kneading (100 grams).
The modus operandi of Shami living
- Mix the sugar, salt, yeast and oil with the milk and stir the ingredients well to ensure the interaction of the yeast and milk.
- Sift the flour and gradually add the previous yeast mixture to it while continuing the kneading process.
- Gradually add water, while continuing to knead, until a smooth, soft, cohesive dough that does not stick to fingers is obtained.
- Leave the dough for 60-90 minutes until it rises and doubles in size.
- Sprinkle flour on a smooth, clean surface, and divide the dough into a group of medium-sized balls.
- Roll out each ball of the dough in the form of a regular circle using a rolling pin, sprinkling a little flour on the dough.
- The loaves are stacked on a non-stick tray, and left for 30 minutes to rest and the fermentation process to complete.
- The oven is heated to a medium temperature of 180-200 degrees Celsius, then the bread is placed in the hot oven until it is cooked and golden in color.
- Take it out of the oven and enjoy the most delicious homemade Shami bread just like the shops.
Tips for making a successful and fragile Shami living
- The fermentation process must be completed well, in order for the dough to double in size.
- Put the bread in the oven after heating it first.
- Ingredients can be kneaded manually or using an electric mixer.
- Adding milk to the ingredients of Shami bread is optional, to increase its nutritional value. Powdered milk can also be used.
- It is permissible to dispense with milk completely and rely on water only as an ingredient.
- A quantity of Shami bread can be prepared and stored in the freezer until use
And with health and happiness