Jam is one of the popular foods spread on the table, which many people prefer to eat, or add to desserts and baked goods to give it a delicious taste, such as pitifor, crepes, cakes, cakes, and others. It is processed by adding sugar to different types of fruits.
There are many recipes for preparing jam. It can be prepared with strawberries, carrots, or others according to your preference. Fig jam is one of the favorite types of many.
We offer you a way to make fig jam at home with proven ingredients and steps to prepare it successfully. Serve it to your family and enjoy with them a wonderful and special meal for breakfast.
Note: Figs have many health benefits for the heart, blood pressure, and immunity, as they contain large amounts of potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, and zinc. In addition to its role in improving digestion and treating digestive disorders.
Ingredients for fig jam
- 1 kilogram of figs
- 2 cups of sugar (500 grams).
- Juice of half a large lemon.
Modus operandi of fig jam
- Wash the figs well, and cut them into medium or small pieces, as desired, in a deep bowl.
- Add the sugar to the sliced figs, and stir well until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Cover the mixture and leave for at least 4 hours. It is preferable to put it in the refrigerator for a day.
- The mixture is placed on a medium heat, and left to boil with continuous stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- The layer of rim or foam should be removed whenever it forms on the surface of the mixture.
- Lemon juice is added to the mixture when the figs are ripe, and the fire is reduced.
- Stir the mixture from time to time, to ensure that all ingredients are homogeneous.
- Leave the mixture on the fire for 10 minutes until it is fully cooked and its texture increases as required.
- The jam is set aside after its maturity, and left to cool.
- The jam is placed after it has cooled in clean, dry glass jars, closed well and kept in the refrigerator until use.
- Important tips when making fig jam
- Take into account the use of a clean dry spoon, so as not to cause mold in the jam jar.
- A hand blender or blender can be used to obtain a smoother creamy texture for the jam, taking into account putting the jam on the fire again after beating it.
- Sugar can be replaced with a healthy product such as stevia sugar or white honey, for diabetics or for those who follow healthy diets
And congratulations and healing